Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Participant Perspective: Sandi Echuck

Whats up! My name is Sandi Echuck, my yupik name is Qakvak.  I'm 17 years old, and from Togiak, Alaska. I am currently attending the AYEA training in Bethel. This is my first time attending training that has something to do with the environment, I find it very interesting and catchy, and agree with a lot of the things they are teaching us. The Art track I have chosen to be involved in was the memoir writing shop. I have decided to write about a time my mother and sister were salmon berry picking, and she told me a little story, and how her words will never be erased my time. I look forward to more people learning about this organization, and how important the environment really is.
Sandi & Angel (Togiak)

No comments:

Post a Comment